Finding gifts for secret lovers is difficult. You want to find something that is meaningful, but not too personal so they don’t think you know everything about them. Luckily, there are some gifts out there that will work for secret lovers of any gender and relationship type! In this blog post, we’ll go over a few gift ideas you can get your secret lover without giving away the surprise!
Table Of Content
- Things to consider when picking up Gifts for Secret Lovers
- 1. What are the person’s interests – do they like to read, cook, or go on adventures?
- 2. What is their favorite color and what colors would make a good gift?
- 3. How much money do you have to spend on the present?
- 4. Do they prefer practical gifts or something more extravagant?
- 5. Sense what kind of gifts they might want when attending events together
- 6. Would your secret lover enjoy receiving something that is personalized for them?
- Some final words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Gifts for Secret Lovers
Things to consider when picking up Gifts for Secret Lovers
1. What are the person’s interests – do they like to read, cook, or go on adventures?
You can never be wrong to give someone a gift of their interest.
- If they love to spend time cooking, I would suggest a new cookbook or cooking utensils to make their experience better.
- If they love to read, gifts like books and book covers might be perfect! Books are also versatile gifts that can work for people of any age group with different interests.
- Doing something adventurous? Why not purchase some tickets or tokens so the person can do whatever it is they enjoy doing most?
- Is this person more creative and artsy? Consider buying them art supplies such as paints or pens.
- You want the gift to represent your partner’s favourite thing in life – but you don’t know what that may be, try getting them an assortment of things! They’ll have fun picking out which one was from you! If someone likes all these things too I would recommend making up baskets filled with gifts related to each interest without revealing who bought them;
Whatever hobby your partner has, there is a way to incorporate gifts that revolve around it.
2. What is their favorite color and what colors would make a good gift?
Once you decide which item to buy, it’s time to find out what colors would make a good gift.
- If you know exactly their color theme, go get the gifts in that shade!
- Consider various shades of that color and different tones; some are more appropriate than others depending on who they’re for. For example, pink is not great for someone who doesn’t like feminine things but could be perfect for a younger man or woman.
3. How much money do you have to spend on the present?
Money is important when looking for gifts.
- If you don’t have a lot to spend, it’s best to go with something small or inexpensive. This also leaves room for other gifts in the future!
- A good way to make great gifts without spending too much money on them is getting supplies and making your own gift basket out of that. For example, if they like coffee but not tea, get some jars and fill them up with different types of loose leaf teas (they’re usually cheaper than buying individual cups). You can put these gifts together quickly while saving money at the same time!
- If you consider spending more, how about picking up jewelry? This can be a great way to show your love with gifts that last. For example, couple necklaces or bracelets with your initials on it are a great way to show your love for someone. Or an experience present like tickets to see their favorite band perform live.
4. Do they prefer practical gifts or something more extravagant?
If you are still unsure what gifts to get someone, consider whether they prefer practical gifts or something more extravagant.
- For example, if your partner prefers practical gifts like a nice watch that can go with anything or some stylish new work clothes then it’s safe to assume this person doesn’t want expensive jewelry as well.
- On the other hand if they’re asking for an iPad from their wish list and also have things like designer sunglasses and fancy dresses on there too then maybe those items should take precedence!
5. Sense what kind of gifts they might want when attending events together
This is up to your observation skills!
Let’s say you and your secret crush attend a birthday party together. Did he/she show interest in any of the birthday-person’s gifts? Or did he/she keep looking at some things there (decoratives, someone’s outfit, etc)? These are some clues to choose gifts for a secret crush.
6. Would your secret lover enjoy receiving something that is personalized for them?
I always think it’s a good idea to present something that is personalized for the giftee and for that giftee only. It’s like the best way to show them how special they are to you.
Here are some gifts for secret lovers that they might enjoy:
- Customized gifts: Monogrammed gifts, embroidered gifts,
- Romantic gifts: perfumes, bath products, photo books of your moments together
- Casual gifts: teddy bears, socks with slippers. Quotes on the bottom of the shoe. A customized mug with their name and initials printed on it. And more!
Some final words
Gifts can have varying meanings based on how much thought was put into them – this post will hopefully give you an idea of where to start when buying gifts for your secret lover, which may include picking up something small from around the house so they’ll know it came from you. It’s always better if it revolves around something that they are passionate about! If you have better suggestions, let us know with your comment. Happy shopping!