Hummingbirds are some of the most beautiful birds you’ll see, and hummingbird gifts can be a great way to show your appreciation for them. However, hummingbird gifts come in many shapes and sizes, so it’s important to know what hummingbird gift is right for you. In this blog post, we will talk about four simple steps that will help guide you through the process of choosing hummingbird gifts.
Things to mind about Hummingbird Gifts
1. Choose a gift that is meaningful to the person you are giving it to
If you are close friends or family with the hummingbird lover in your life, hummingbird gifts can be a great way to express love and appreciation.
If they have been participating in bird watching activities like hummingbirds, then something as simple as an accessory is a great option.
However, if you’re looking for more conventional hummingbird gifts, it’s important to think about what that person will truly appreciate. For example:
- Does this person always wear bright colors? Consider buying clothes, jewelry or accessories such as scarves that match their style! The color red is also popular among hummingbirds because of its association with berries which makes it another good choice for clothing items.
- Do they spend most of their time outdoors? If so, get something they can use in the great outdoors like a hummingbird feeder or hummingbird bath.
- Do they spend most of their time indoors? Maybe some hummingbirds figurines would be more appropriate!
- Is this a special occasion such as Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary or Graduation? If so, you could buy them an engraved hummingbird gift that’s made from sterling silver to commemorate the event.
2. Consider what they might like and if they have any allergies or dietary restrictions
You can never go wrong with a gift supporting your recipient’s interest with a hummingbird themed gift.
- If you know they are big foodies, a hummingbird wine holder or hummingbird cake topper would make the perfect gift for them.
- If someone has any allergies or diet restrictions, consider an allergy-friendly sweet treat such as these gluten free chocolate bird cookies.
- If they’re looking for hummingbird gear, you could find their perfect humming bird hat or T-shirt.
- If your recipient loves reading and writing and hummingbirds, consider getting them a journal adorned with hummingbirds or an inspirational hummingbird keychain.
3. Think about their personality – do they prefer something practical or more abstract
If your giftee is a practical person, it’s best to get them what they can use in daily life. If they are more abstract, get them an art-inspired hummingbird gift.
For practical people:
- A hummingbird garden stake to place in their backyard for hummingbirds to perch on or a hummingbird feeder so they can watch hummingbirds up close and share the experience with others.
- A sweet treat such as this gluten free chocolate bird cookies that will be sure not to trigger any allergies or diet restrictions if your giftee has any of these issues.
- Hummingbird gear like a mug, shirt, keychain, etc.; consider getting them something personalized with their name embroidered on it!
If they prefer more abstract gifts:
- Consider hummingbird decor, such as hummingbird wreath.
- Hummingbird-inspired jewelry, like bracelet or hummingbird earrings.
- A hummingbird book, like “The Hummingbirds” by Lucy Cooke or the children’s story of “Ferdinand.”
- If you can’t find anything in this list to suit their tastes but want a gift for hummingbirds and hummingbird lovers, consider donating to your local wildlife rescue center!
4. If you’re not sure, ask them for ideas on what would be the perfect gift for them!
If you are struggling to find out what suits them the most, it’s best to ask them directly. However, some people may deem such questions “blunt” (especially the elders). So think twice about the timing – ask when your recipient is in good mood, or during your talk about someone ELSE’s favourite gift.
If you feel like the person is too hard to ask, dont risk breaking their mood. Instead, try asking their friends or family for advice on what gifts they like and dislike.
5. Consider your budget
Do you have a budget in mind? If so, stick to it because we’re going to offer lots of ideas with wide price range for you.
- If you dont want to spend too much, hummingbird books are a great idea, as well humming bird jewelry. Another suggestion is hummingbird feeders and humming bird houses.
- If you have a bigger budget, then hummingbirds sculptures are great idea too! Also, consider donating to your local wildlife rescue center!
6. Get creative!
Let’s gift your hummingbird enthusiast with something they’ll enjoy for years after it arrives at their doorstep, here are some items worth considering:
- Buy them an item that will help attract more birds to their yard, hummingbird houses and humming bird feeders are great ideas. Bird baths and water fountains have been shown to help attract these beautiful creatures as well – this is also true if you want more blue jays around your home
- Buy them something to enjoy inside of the house, hummingbirds books make a thoughtful gift for any hummingbird lover!
- Surprise your loved one with an experience that they’ll never forget, take them on a guided wildlife tour or get tickets to see hummingbirds up close at the zoo!
- Give your friend flowers in order to show you care. The birds will love adding those colorful blooms into their habitat too!
The hummingbird is a beautiful creature and it would be nice to give the gift of beauty. Consider giving them your time, attention, or love as well as these gifts from this list that are sure to make their day!
I hope this helps guide how to choose the perfect gift for someone who loves hummingbirds as much as I do. Happy shopping!