Going away to college gifts for best friends create an exciting time for them and their best friends. They are going on a new adventure that they have never before experienced, and it’s important to help them along the way – even if it just means giving going away to college gifts! The first step in selecting going away to college gifts for your friend is deciding how much you can spend. There are many different ways of spending money on going away presents, from buying a personalized gift at the store all the way up to planning a party with food and entertainment. Once you’ve decided how much you want or can afford to spend, it’s time for some brainstorming!
Table Of Content
- Considerations when choosing going away to college gifts for best friends
- 1. Consider the hobbies and interests of the friend you’re buying for
- 2. Don’t forget about practical gifts!
- 3. Make your own gift basket
- 4. Give them an experience
- 5. Think about sentimental and personlized gifts
- 6. Remember to keep in touch
- Some final words
- Frequently Asked Questions about going away to college gifts for best friends
Considerations when choosing going away to college gifts for best friends
1. Consider the hobbies and interests of the friend you’re buying for
Going away to college gifts for best friends can be as personal and individualized as you want them to be!
What does he/she major in? You may get something to help their study.
- If your friend is going into a field that requires the use of chemicals or other dangerous materials, why not buy him some hazmat gloves?
- Or maybe she’ll need a new laptop case while on campus–why not make sure her bag will still fit in an overhead compartment by checking out a few sizes ahead of time?
- If you are not confident to choose some essentials of their area, it’s good to go with general student items such as notebook and pen.
Explore your going-away friend’s hobbies and interests, what they like to do for fun:
- If they love outdoor and volunteer activities, i suggest a backpack which is durable but lightweight. It has roomy pockets for books and other supplies while staying comfortable when fully loaded up. The second suggestion is things to protect them from the harsh weather: sunglasses, suncream.
- If they are into design and arts, you can choose going-away present such as notebook or bag with beautiful print that reflects their interests.
- But if your friend is a sporty head, why not get them going-away present such as sports fan gear?
Make sure this gift reflects something important to him or her personally so that it will be a special surprise when they open their going away present!
2. Don’t forget about practical gifts!
To go away to college means your giftee will start their own new independent life, which means there are a lot to need, which also means they are likely to appreciate practical gifts! Here are some reccommendations:
- Buy them something they’ll need in college, like new bedding or kitchen supplies
- A welcome kit full of toiletries and other necessities will make sure they’re prepared for anything!
- Think of something that lasts long, like a nice piece of jewelry that they can wear for the rest of their lives
- And the ultimate choice: Buy a gift card to their favorite store or restaurant, so they can buy clothes and foods that suit them
3. Make your own gift basket
One safe way to make sure your recipient enjoys the gift is a gift basket with fun goodies that will be perfect when they are on campus!
- You can include items such as bath bombs, lotion and nail polish in the basket to make it more personalized.
- Another good option is going with a themed basket that comes with snacks, drinks and other items to make the going away party even more memorable.
Make sure there is no item they already have!
4. Give them an experience
If you dont want to go with concrete items, experience gift is a great way to create memories that can be kept forever. Let’s check out some reccommendations below:
- Tickets to a show or sporting event; concert tickets to see their favorite band or sports team play live
- Tickets to an event near campus so they can take advantage of everything there is to do while going away
- Getaway weekend in a cabin up north , or going to the beach for a few days
- Tickets to an amusement park theyve always wanted to visit but never got around to going
5. Think about sentimental and personlized gifts
You are best friends who understand each other to the roots! So why not go with something sentimental and personalized that they will never forget, such as:
- Give them a picture frame with your favorite photo together and write a personal message on it
- Make them a scrapbook filled with memories from when you were younger to cherish forever
- A CD of the two of you having a blast together at one of your favorite places for going out
- A cross necklace with both’ names on it and an inscription that says how much they mean to each other.
Do not forget to add a sweet card in there or write them a letter!
6. Remember to keep in touch
- Don’t forget: just because they’re leaving doesn’t mean you need to stop caring about them- keep sending them cards every week or two so they know how much they still matter in their life, no matter where they go!
- Also, write letters to each other about what’s happened since you last saw each other and send it back and forth as snail mail
- And with the popularity of social media, it is never easier to talk and share with your best friends about what happens to you and to them.
As they are going away, chances are they will feel alone sometimes, so keep them close!
Some final words
Choosing going-away present for a best friend is not an easy job because you want the going away gift to be both thoughtful and practical. If you are struggling with the ideas, one way to find good going away presents for family members is asking what they’re interested in.
As long as you make the giftee feel loved and appreciated, you can go with any gift. i hope this blog post did help you to get the most suitable one for your beloved person. If you have any other suggestion, don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section below. Happy shopping!