Gifts for 13 year old boys are a unique challenge. They’re somehow children at heart, but they still don’t want gifts that seem too childish. It’s a tough balance to find gifts that will be an appropriate gift and also something the birthday boy will enjoy at this age. This guide has been put together to help you find gifts for your 13 year old boy in hopes of making it easier on you!
Table Of Content
- Things to mind about Gifts for 13 year old boys
- 1. Consider the interests of your 13 year old boy
- 2. Pick a gift that is both age appropriate and within budget
- 3. Keep in mind what he may already have or not want
- 4. Choose gifts that are educational, fun, and practical
- 5. Give your son choices so he feels like his opinion matters
- 6. Include a personal note to make it more special (optional)
- Some final words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Gifts for 13 year old boys
Things to mind about Gifts for 13 year old boys
1. Consider the interests of your 13 year old boy
Gifts should be something your boy will enjoy at this age but not too childish either.
If possible avoid buying video games and other electronics as these tend quickly dated (either technologically outdated or simply get bored), clothes he
- If he is into sports, gifts could include a new uniform, balls or shoes. Have priority for his favourite team’s merchandise.
- If he likes to draw and make art gifts like coloring books are good ideas!
- If your 13 year old is into gadgets gifts like a drone or remote controlled car are good ideas.
- Or if he’s got an interest in photography and likes to take pictures gifts such as digital cameras, tripods etc are also great gifts!
Gifts for this age can be tricky because they seem so grown up but don’t want anything too childish either. If you’re not sure always ask what his interests include and try to get them something that fits within those realms of interests. Take note though that the gifts will likely need to appeal more towards their favourite subject than it does now: with most kids being interested in everything at the age eleven, by twelve years old they tend have one main interest only.
2. Pick a gift that is both age appropriate and within budget
It’s important to make sure gifts suit his age group as well because some things which an adult would love may just bore a kid who has no use for it whatsoever.
Make sure your gift is also something that won’t break the budget.
- If you have a tight budget, gifts like school supplies can be an option if your child is old enough to enjoy them (though make sure they’re not too young for them). For example, you can buy them a new book bag or backpack as opposed to buying gifts such as video games.
- If you have more to spend, gifts like a remote controlled car or Lego sets are good gifts to consider. Another suggestion is to create gifts such as a personalized t-shirt or something like that.
- If you want to give them their own phone, make sure it is on an existing family plan and if not choose the monthly service package for your child’s needs (for example: unlimited minutes)
There are many gifts out there available for this age bracket and it should be easier than ever before as technology has made gifting easy! Make sure to ask about their interests in order to find a perfect gift though.
3. Keep in mind what he may already have or not want
Kids gifts can be confusing, and the last thing you want to do is buy them something they already have or don’t like.
One way to avoid this is by asking what he wants. You could also ask friends of theirs if they know what he may like or not like so that your gifts will be perfect!
4. Choose gifts that are educational, fun, and practical
One way to find gifts for 13 year old boys is by choosing gifts that are educational, fun and practical. This helps with their mental development while also helping them be prepared in the future!
- Outdoor gifts for 13 year old boy: A water gun and a football so he can have some outdoor fun! Toys that can be used in the classroom setting can also make for good gifts (such as erasable pens).
- Other practical gifts can include gifts to help with their hygiene (such as toothbrushes), gifts for school supplies. For example, you can buy a pencil case and fill it with pens, notebooks, erasers, calculators (for math), protractors (for geometry) or compasses.
- If they are old enough to play sports in school then gifts like cleats can be useful for them. Or if they have any hobbies like photography choose gifts that will help enhance their hobby such as tripods for the camera!
- Another idea is to buy gifts that will help your child academically: this may mean ordering books from their favourite series and/or giving them some money so they can use it on educational items of their choice.
5. Give your son choices so he feels like his opinion matters
- A great idea is to offer him a self – shopping. For instance, give him an budget and let him choose a present for himself – be it online shopping or direct shopping. This will give him a sense of control and he can make the decision about what gifts to buy for himself! *Tips: remember to keep an eye on him though.
- How about experience gifts for 13 year old boy? Like have him plan a family outing – let him decide destinations, foods and games!
- And if they’re old enough for gifts with parental restrictions add more options to keep this in mind when purchasing gifts. Buying gifts online will allow you to see reviews from other shoppers who have purchased these products before so be wary of what kind of product you are buying!
6. Include a personal note to make it more special (optional)
Your 13 year old boy may look big, but he is quite childish at heart. Therefore it’s important that he knows he’s loved and appreciated.
Write it in a personal note wishing him great success and happiness as well. Wherever he may go, do not forget that there is always room for more love in their hearts. Show them how much they matter most through gifts – even if they’re small tokens of appreciation from time to time.
Some final words
I hope this guide has helped you find gifts for your 13 year old, which make him happy and help build up his bright future.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below! Good luck and happy shopping!