The art of giving art gifts is an art in and of itself. Everyone has different tastes, and you might not know what to get for that person who’s been hard to shop for. Well, we’re here to help! In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to choose the perfect art gift. We’ve also included a number of interactive features that will make your shopping experience more enjoyable.
Table Of Content
- Things to consider when picking up Art Gifts
- 1. Consider the person’s age
- 2. Know their tastes and style
- 3. Think about what they already have
- 4. Consider your budget
- 5. Check out their favorite artists or themes in art
- 6. Match the frame with the artwork
- Some final words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Art Gifts
Things to consider when picking up Art Gifts
1. Consider the person’s age
Always consider the person’s age when picking art gifts, because age affects a lot on their taste.
- If you are choosing art gifts for kids, you should consider artworks that are brightly colored and have a lot of detail.
- If they’re young adults, avoid anything too big and heavy like sculpture or large paintings; instead, go for something more cutesy and delicate like a small painting kit that doesn’t require much assembly but still offers plenty of room to explore art.
- If they’re older, you can be a little more daring with your art choices. A lot of people over 60 are looking for larger pieces because it’s their last chance to get one before retirement! This is also an easy time in life where they have the space on their walls for art work so don’t worry about considering size as heavily if you know this someone well.
2. Know their tastes and style
When it comes to choosing a gift, you want to keep in mind the recipient’s taste and personality.
- Fancy art collectors may prefer oil paintings or unique sculptures they can display in their home
- A person who likes art history will enjoy prints of famous art pieces. They might want to frame the print themselves and add it to a collection of art books too
- Young people with eclectic tastes are going for more abstract art work that’s modern, hip and eye catching
- If you’re giving a piece of artwork to someone who is really into modern art, but they don’t have much space in their home for it, try to find something that has an abstract or minimalist design
If you have no idea what someone wants for an art gift then just ask them! What better way is there to find out than by asking? It doesn’t hurt but if they do give you a hint about what kind of things they like. You’ll still be able to surprise them because this shouldn’t come off as obvious on your end when making any decisions.
3. Think about what they already have
If you are finding Gift for artist, chances are they already own some artworks or art decorations.
- So, if you’re going to give art as a gift make sure that it’s compatible with the art they already have. You don’t want your loved one to receive art and then realize that it doesn’t go well in their home or office because of how different it is from what they may currently own.
- Also, choose something they haven’t had yet. If they are art collectors, it’s not a bad idea to buy them art that is in their medium or art style.
4. Consider your budget
Art is one of those items that can be either expensive or inexpensive depending on your budget.
- If you have a lot to spend, you could also get them an original piece made by someone they admire – this may cost more but will be worth it if you know the artist has been successful for years
- If the budget is tight, you may want to give them a print or poster instead. Make sure it’s framed so it looks nice as well as protected from wear and tear
- Remember shipping costs for large or heavy packages can make buying online difficult unless you want the item delivered to an alternate location (ie work) which could result in discounted shipment rates
5. Check out their favorite artists or themes in art
- Do your research on their favourite artist or theme to find a piece that is similar in size, color, and style for a more thoughtful gift
- If you’re clueless what type of art they like, try getting them something that matches their home decor
- If you are unsure of what to buy, get them an art-related experience like tickets to an exhibit opening or museum membership as a present instead of something tangible
6. Match the frame with the artwork
Frames are art pieces in themselves, which can be considered or overlooked
Matching the frame to the art and color scheme of your home is a great way to dress up an art piece
The price range for frames will vary depending on what materials you choose (ie wood vs metal) but if you’re not sure ask them for their preference so they know it’s coming.
There are also many different types like: floater framed artwork, matted art prints, bare canvas paintings, acrylic composite etc. If there isn’t anything from that list then just go with whatever feels right!
Some final words
I hope these tips have been helpful in guiding you to find the perfect gift for your loved ones. From a painting, sculpture, or canvas print to framed artwork and more, we offer many options that will make them smile. It is great if you can offer to help hang up any new paintings in their home so they can enjoy them right away!
If anything is missing from the list, please let me know and I’ll try to update it for future readers! As always, thank you so much for reading.