It’s that time of year again when people start thinking about gifts. The question is: what do you get for the hip hop lover in your life? Hip hop lovers, or those who love underground hip hop, can be difficult to shop for because they are always looking for new and different things. In this guide we will explore some different gift ideas that any dance-floor rocking hip hopper would enjoy!
Things to mind about gifts for hip hop lovers
1. Think about the person’s interests.
What kind of things does they like or do? This could be anything from hip hop dance to something more specific, such as graffiti art. If you don’t know what the person on your list’s favorite underground artist is, then it might not be a bad idea to ask them!
- Do they love collecting vinyl records and listening to music in general? If so, a good gift choice is a new album.
- What about limited edition merchandise with their favorite artists’ face on it? The person on your list might have a favorite rapper or even a particular genre of hip hop that they enjoy more than others, so it’s good to do research and find out what their preferences are if you don’t already know them well enough!
- A gift can be as simple as giving the artist you bought for some tickets to an upcoming show in their area. This is especially great because then they get something cool while also being able to go see who they love most live up close and personal!
2. Consider their personality
People have different tastes and preferences, so it’s important to consider what underground hip hop gifts are right for them.
- If they are strong and fierce, then you might want to give them something that has “strength” or “fearless”, like a new pair of socks, or a new pair of sneakers with unique design so they can dance into next year
- If they are normally quiet but get fire about music, get them Subscription to a music magazine with interviews and reviews written by people who know hip hop best (i.e. Rap Genius)
- If they are a creative person, then you might want to consider getting them an art kit with different colors and tools that can be used for painting or drawing. Creativity is something everyone has in some form!
- Something they need – A gift doesn’t always have to be something tangible like items listed above-it could also mean doing things like helping the person on your list find their dream job through connections, paying off debt from school loans, or even just accompanying them as a friend while they go shopping for clothes because it’s hard when no one else understands what it feels like to be into hip hop culture without actually being apart of it themselves.
Consider these points before heading out shopping. It doesn’t matter how much money you spend on gifts-the right one is worth more than anything else.
3. Know their and your budget .
It’s important to know their and your budget when it comes to gifts for them!
If the giftee isnt well off, it’s better to go with not too pricey presents to avoid pressure on their returning gift. Also, think about what you can afford and then plan accordingly.
There are plenty inexpensive but meaningful gift ideas for those who are on a budget.
- Dance classes or subscriptions at different studios
- A membership fee (or gift card)
- A water bottle or towels with their name on it
If money isn’t really tight this year but you still want to give someone special something thoughtful:
- A new pair of shoes – As gifts for hip hop dancers – Any dancer will tell you how important comfortable shoes are!
- New clothes – Dancers are always looking for new ways to express themselves through fashion, so if you know what their style is then it might be a good place to start. If not, the next best thing would be getting them clothes that can match any type of dance: from hip hop dresses or sweaters for those cooler winter days, all the way down to sneakers and pants for when they want to get more creative with moves on stage.
- Tickets to fly somewhere else where there’s always music festivals going on all year long – like Hawaii or Brazil.
4. Understand what level and what type of hiphop they are into
A great gift for a hiphop lover is something that says “I know who you are.”
There’s many different types of hiphops. Hip hop can be underground, mainstream, and so on. It varies from person to person! Some people have strong preferences in what they like while others don’t really care which type of music or dance it is as long as its good quality.
- Underground Hip Hop Gifts (for those who love the more obscure stuff)
- Mainstream/Popular Dancewear Brands (It doesn’t matter if you buy someone designer clothes because there are cheap alternatives everywhere!)
- Clothing with Meaning: A T Shirt with an inspirational message about dancing or how they feel towards life in general
5. Take into account any allergies, dietary restrictions, or other special requests
For those who are vegan or have allergies, a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant could be the perfect present!
If someone has dietary restrictions due to health reasons and you want them to enjoy what they’re eating-consider buying healthier alternatives as gifts.
- For example: if the person on your list can’t eat gluten then maybe give them some really nice flourless dark chocolate bars with no added sugar and coconut oil instead of unhealthy candy from pharmacy that’s full of additives like artificial flavors and colors. This way they’ll still get something sweet but it won’t be detrimental for their health in any way.
- Similarly, if someone is allergic to nuts then getting them either things without nuts or bakers tools/supplies so they can make whatever they want.
6. Look at the person’s family and friends for ideas on gifts to give them
If you really want to give something special then consider looking into the person’s friends or family and what they might like!
This is a great way of getting ideas on gifts for them. This also shows that you know who their closest people in life are which means it’ll be easy if there comes a time when they need your help because at least you’ll have an idea where to start with trying to get them back on track again.
- If someone has anxiety then maybe buy some calming herbs or supplements for instance (can’t find these locally? Try searching online)
- If they’re always complaining about being cold, try buying interesting scarves and hats as gifts so that every day will feel warmer and brighter too 🙂
- If you know one of their favorite songs is “Thrift Shop” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, then maybe they would like a shirt from Goodwill with that song printed on it.
Why not give a gift that will be cherished for years to come? Hip-hop lovers are passionate about the music and art of their favorite artists, so why not get them something they can really enjoy. Whether it’s memorabilia or more tangible items like clothing, we have plenty of hip hop gifts that any fan would love! Gift giving is always hard but with our selection of hip hop gifts you don’t have to worry anymore!