When it comes to a gag gift, there are many things to consider. Will this gift be fun for the recipient? Is it appropriate for the occasion? How expensive is it? In order to successfully choose a gag gift, you need to ask yourself these questions and more. In this blog post, I will talk about five considerations that might help you in choosing a gag gift!
Table Of Content
- Considerations when choosing a gag gift
- 1. Consider the person’s sense of humor
- 2. Consider your relationship to the gift recipient
- 3. Make sure it is appropriate for the occasion, ages and genders
- 4. Do you want something that can be used as well as a joke present or just something funny to laugh at for a few minutes and put away again?
- 5. Avoid anything offensive or illegal
- Some final words
Considerations when choosing a gag gift
1. Consider the person’s sense of humor
In order to get the gag gift right, you need to know something about your recipient’s sense of humor.
Is this person easy-going or sensitive about their sense of humor ? What type of humor is your recipient into? Does he/she love puns and jokes about current events? Or does she prefer dark humor like horror movies with funny commentary? Choose a gag gift accordingly!
- If they are sensitive, steer clear of gag gifts that might trigger an anxiety or panic attack. Sensitive gag gifts can include a personal electronics item like an alarm clock or phone charger, which may be viewed as inappropriate in some circumstances.
- If the person has a sarcastic sense of humor, gag gifts that are ironic such as coffee mug with “World’s Greatest Mom” written on it might be appropriate.
- A gag gift for someone who likes puns could include an inflatable pool toy or noise-making gag gift.
- If your gag gift recipient enjoys scary films, consider giving them horror themed gag gifts such as a zombie fanny pack filled with candy, a fake severed finger or an air freshener shaped as male genitalia with a silly name like “Stink Boy”.
2. Consider your relationship to the gift recipient
Who are you buying for – your spouse or significant other, kids, parents and grandparents ? Think about how well they know you, and what you might be able to get away with giving them.
- If you are close to the person, it might be appropriate to give gag gifts that are inappropriate for other people. For example, gag gifts like a rubber ducky shaped as male genitalia or an inflatable pool toy with “World’s Greatest Dad” written on it would be just appropriate for someone who know your sense of humor well enough.
- If you are not close enough to the gift recipient, it might be more appropriate to get gag gifts that are more universal in nature, for example gag gifts like a rubber ducky with the words “I love you” written on it or gag gifts that are related to current events.
- For the recipient of a different gender that you don’t know well, avoid gag gifts related to sex like male and female genitals.
- If you’re not the best judge of what type of gag gift would be most appropriate, try getting a gag gift with multiple uses like an inflatable pool toy or noise-making gag gift! This way, if it doesn’t work for one person, it might still work out well for another.
3. Make sure it is appropriate for the occasion, ages and genders
The gag gift should always be appropriate for the occasion, ages and genders.
The festive season can be lots of fun if you have the right gag gift in mind. Think about what kind of event this is, and what gag gift would work well for this event.
- if it’s a work party, consider a gag gift with office supplies or something related to your profession such as a gag gift of “World’s Greatest Boss” coffee mug or an inflatable pool toy with the logo of your company printed on it.
- If it’s a birthday party, think about gag gifts that are related to their favorite things, such as gag gift of a teddy bear with a “Tiny Dancer” singalong book for the musical theatre lover or gag gift of an inflatable pool toy shaped like male genitals for someone who loves puns.
- If it’s a gag gift for someone you are close to like your spouse or significant other on Valentine’s Day, consider gag gifts with romantic sentiments such as “World’s Greatest Husband” coffee mug.
- Around Halloween, gag gifts that are related to horror movies might be appropriate such as funny spiders in the shape of penises or fake severed fingers wrapped up in pretty paper.
- Around Thanksgiving and Christmas time, gag gifts that involve puns about food could also work well!
On the other hand, consider buying gag gifts based off of age and gender
- If you’re looking for gag gifts for kids, consider some fun gag toys like rubber spiders and snakes, candy-filled fanny packs, an inflatable pool toy shaped as a shark, noise-making gag gift such as fake dog poop made from candy corn, etc.
- If you’re looking for gag gifts for female coworker, consider gag gifts like fake tattoos, a funny t-shirt with silly sayings on them in order to make them laugh.
- If you’re looking for gag gifts for male coworkers, consider gag presents with jokes related to their favorite sports teams.
4. Do you want something that can be used as well as a joke present or just something funny to laugh at for a few minutes and put away again?
What type of gag gift do you want? Do you want something that will serve more than one purpose (i.e., rubber ducky decorated to look like an inflatable pool toy) or do you just want something funny without any other use than to laugh at? This is a question you should consider when choosing gag gifts.
- If you want gag gifts that can be used in addition to being funny, consider gag gift ideas for the kitchen like a gag-gift shaped wine bottle opener or gag-gift shaped oven mitts.
- If you want gag gifts that are just for laughs, consider gag gift ideas for the office such as a gag-gift of “World’s Greatest Boss” coffee mug or gag-gifts with funny sayings on them in order to make your coworkers laugh when they see them. You can also try gag presents like fake dog poop made from candy corn!
5. Avoid anything offensive or illegal
The gag present should not be too obscure or difficult to find nor contain offensive material such as weapons, illegal substances or anything that could offend anyone in any way.
Keep in mind that not everyone appreciates jokes on certain topics so gag gifts should never be racist, sexist or homophobic.
Some final words
We hope you found this blog post helpful in your search for the perfect gag gift. Please feel free to reach out if we can help with more suggestions or any other questions!