Do you have a cigar aficionado in your life? If so, you are probably looking for the perfect gift to get them this holiday season. The great thing about cigars is that there are many different types of gifts available. It can be difficult to decide which one may suit their tastes best! In this guide, we will go over what some of the best options are and how to select one that they’ll love.
Things to consider when picking up Cigar Gifts
1. Know your recipient’s taste.
- If they like lighter cigar blends, a good choice is going to be flavored cigars. These can come in mint or even coffee flavors!
- If they prefer more robust tastes, go for dark, full bodied cigars instead. This will include things such as maduro and black labels. They may also enjoy the stronger taste of a Cuban cigar if you’re looking for luxury priced gifts
Important Notes: The flavor profile that someone likes is highly subjective and based on personal preference! Don’t assume that because one person enjoys something it means everyone else would too!
2. Ask about their favorite brand, size, flavor (if any), and country of origin.
These are all very important factors that will affect what you buy.
- For example, they may be more inclined to like Cohiba cigars from Cuba if it’s one of their favorite countries and they prefer Dominican Ligero tobacco. In this case, a cohiba cigar gift set will make a good present.
- Different cigar brands have different taste profiles so make sure to ask about the type that your recipient likes! Some people might enjoy milder tasting smokes while others want something stronger. Consider asking them for advice on which flavor profile would best suit them or even try a sampler pack with many options included in order to find out which one is their absolute favorite!
3. Check the occasion
You might be looking for a gift for someone’s birthday, anniversary, or even as a thank you present. Make sure to tailor the cigar choice accordingly!
- Do they only smoke on special occasions? Consider getting them something like an ashtray that makes it seem more luxurious and expensive.
- If they’re already hard to buy gifts for because of their diverse interests, cigars can offer some variety in what type of gifts are offered without being too stereotypical. They may also enjoy personalized items such as engraved accessories if they have been smoking for many years and would appreciate this sentimental gesture!
4. Know how to store cigars properly
- Cigars can be stored in a variety of places such as cigar boxes, humidors, or even just cloth pouches. It is important that they are kept in an environment where the humidity and temperature levels match up with what their preferences are.* This ensures that it won’t spoil and have an unpleasant taste when smoked.
- Store cigars at 75% humidity level and 70 degrees Fahrenheit (or 20 degrees Celsius) to maintain freshness for longest duration possible!
- Cigars should not be stored near any food or beverages because they can spoil anything nearby if there is too much humidity which will cause molding on either side with no way of knowing it’s happening until later. This would not make a good present so make sure that your recipient likes their own company while smoking!
5. Understand cigar etiquette for different occasions
Knowing about cigar etiquette is important for making sure your gift is received well!
- For example, birthday celebrations are a good time to offer cigars as a present when you want it to be something they’ll really enjoy. They may not always feel comfortable asking for one themselves so this can be the perfect opportunity if they have been hinting that they’d like to try them out and just haven’t voiced their opinion yet because of shyness or fear that people will judge
- Some other occasions where offering cigars might make sense would include: Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, graduation gifts (especially from young children), housewarming presents.
6. Choose a cigar gift that is appropriate for the amount of money you have available to spend on it
You don’t want to spend a lot of money on cigars for someone who is not as interested in them and vice versa. The cost will range anywhere from $20-$300 so there are many options available depending on your budget!
If you’re looking specifically for luxury cigar gifts then we highly recommend checking out our luxury section where some brands can be found at up to $2500:
- Cohiba cigars from Cuba
- Cuban cigar gift sets
- Montecristo Cigars (from Dominican Republic)
If you’re looking for a less expensive option, some of our best sellers are the Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill and Bolivar Belicoso Finos. They both come in at under $25 but still have great flavor profiles with nice packaging to be an appreciated gift!
For even more inexpensive gifts, you can think of cigar accessories: humidors, cutters, lighters, ashtrays and other tableware, etc.
We hope this guide has offered some guidance on how to select your perfect gift idea. If you’re still not sure which one would suit your recipient best from all these options then don’t worry because there’s no harm in asking for their opinion and getting a better sense of what they like! It will show that you care about them enough to get the right gift before spending any money at all.
If you have any other ideas, please share them with me and we can include it on our blog next time. Thank you so much for reading my article today!