When Valentine’s Day arrives, we want to show our loved ones how much they mean to us. A way to do that is by giving them a thoughtful gift. But what should you get for your sister? Or your sister-in-law? This blog post will help guide you through the process of picking out the perfect valentines day gift for her!
Considerations when choosing valentines gift for sister
1. Consider her hobbies
If you are buying a gift for your sister, it is important to know what she likes and dislikes. You would not want to get her something that she already has or does not like!
- If she is a foodie, you could get her a new cookbook or set of cooking tools.
- If she is an avid reader, you should consider getting her the latest book by one of her favorite authors.
- If your sister likes to work out and has been talking about starting CrossFit classes, buy some gym clothes for her!
- If cooking is her ultimate pleasure, you can’t go wrong with a new pot or pan!
No matter what your sister’s interests are, there is something for everyone out there. All it takes is some thought and consideration to find the perfect valentine’s day gift from her!
2. What is her favorite color/flower/animal?
If you know that your sister’s favorite color is pink, then this could help you to decide on a gift.
- For example, if she loves getting flowers or animals as gifts (or even has them in her room), consider gifting something with the same theme!
- If she loves roses, get her a flower arrangement or a rose gold necklace.
- If she loves zebras, get her plushie or tshirt with that animal on it!
- If you’re looking for an easy way to buy your sister’s gift, think about what color is associated with love and romance in the culture of where she was born. For example, red represents passion in China; pink means pure love in Italy; yellow symbolizes happiness in India.
No matter which language they speak and what their favorite colors are, everyone can appreciate getting flowers as a valentine’s day gift from someone special... so why not give them one this year?
3. What has she been talking about lately?
Has your sister mentioned anything that she wanted to do but can’t because of circumstances?
- Maybe the two of you could go on a trip or plan an adventure together.
- If she has recently started talking about her career, consider getting something for her desk at work! This is perfect if your sister is really hardworking and deserves something just as great.
4. Consider your budget
There are many valentines day gift ideas that range from $50 to lower than a dollar. Consider what you can afford and find an appropriate present for the person in your life!
If you’re low on cash and struggling financially, here are some inexpensive ideas:
- Have breakfast or lunch together.
- Be her designated driver on the night of Valentine’s Day and pick up a bottle of wine to share with dinner at home.
- Heat up some chocolate pudding for dessert!
- You can also surprise your sister by making homemade french toast, lasagna, or even an omelette in bed wrapped in towels like a picnic basket. It will be so much fun!
If you have more to spend, here are some ideas for the best valentines day gifts:
- If your sister is a trendsetter, get her something that will always be in style. A good place to start would be an accessory like a chic belt or great handbag!
- Is she into fitness? Consider getting her workout clothes and shoes so that she can stay active all year long.
- Your sister might love cooking more than anything- if this sounds true, consider giving them gift cards from their favorite grocery store which they could use towards ingredients needed to create dishes for dinner with friends!
- Who doesn’t want a new computer every now and then? If you have enough money available, get your sister a laptop as her Valentine’s Day present.
5. If you don’t know much about your sister, maybe ask her friends and family to get ideas of what would be good for her!
If you are struggling to find out their interests, don’t hesitate to ask their friends or family for advice on what gifts they like and dislike.
If you’re not sure, here are some typical interests that many sisters share:
- Their favorite food or restaurant.
- If they like to do DIY projects with friends or have recently remodeled their house on the weekend.
- Sports team and sport they enjoy (especially if it’s a popular one in your area).
- Favorite type of wine, beer, candy etc., movies she likes watching… anything really!
Your sister deserves something as special as her this Valentine’s Day so happy shopping!
Some final words
I just want to say that there is nothing more important than being with your sister on the most romantic day of the year. You are my favorite person in the whole world and you deserve all of this happiness, love, and laughter.
This Valentine’s Day will always be special because it was when we both realized how much we loved each other! Happy Valentine’s Day sis!