Tomboys are great. They don’t care about their hair, they wear clothes that are comfortable and practical, and they’re not afraid to get dirty or play sports! However, sometimes it can feel difficult finding gifts for them because most stores have items that are either too girly or geared towards boys. This blog post will show you how to find gender neutral gifts for tomboys of all ages in some easy steps!
Table Of Content
- Things to consider when picking up Gifts for Tomboys
- 1. Consider their favorite hobbies
- 2. Know their size and style preferences
- 3. Give them a gift card to buy something for themselves
- 4. Get her a gift certificate for a massage or manicure/pedicure, or some other form of relaxation that she’ll enjoy
- 5. Consider your budget
- A few last words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Gifts for Tomboys
Things to consider when picking up Gifts for Tomboys
1. Consider their favorite hobbies
If you know what type of activities they enjoy, then it should be easy to find gifts that fit with the hobby and are gender neutral!
- For example, if your tomboy enjoys playing on a soccer team, then she might appreciate getting some new cleats or shin guards as a gift. If possible, try and pick up items from the same store as their favorite sport so they can wear it when playing in order to avoid having them mix clothes from different stores together.
- If she is into fashion, she might enjoy getting a new pair of boots or booties.
- Girls who like reading may also want a book light or an e-reader so they can read in bed without disturbing anyone else in the household.
If you’re not sure what they like to do, then ask them!
Or, take a look at their interests on social media platforms such as Instagram or Facebook.
This can give you an idea of what kind of gifts would be appropriate for your tomboy friend/family member.
2. Know their size and style preferences
Better find a gift that matches her personality or else it’s likely to be left untouched!
- If your tomboy is outdoorsy, then she’ll probably like going camping or hiking. What about a gift card for REI? The store carries all sorts of outdoors gear perfect for tomboys, and it’s not your typical “girly” gift either!
- If she is more of introverted type, then she might like something such as a cute journal. Or if she likes to wear clothes that are more masculine looking, then you could find her some trendy but practical items from brands such as Carhartt and Dr. Martens!
Remember when picking up a present that this doesn’t have to be expensive but it should match their style preferences so they can use it!
3. Give them a gift card to buy something for themselves
This is the perfect solution if you don’t know what to get. It’s also a great way to make sure they get exactly what they want!
Remember to check what is their favourite store or restaurant though!
4. Get her a gift certificate for a massage or manicure/pedicure, or some other form of relaxation that she’ll enjoy
That your giftee is a tomboy doesnt mean she doesnt care about her beauty!
- So you can give her a present of experience like a massage or pedicure!
- Or maybe she’s more of a homebody who likes to stay in and read. In that case, a gift card for Barnes & Noble is perfect because they have all sorts of books aimed at tomboys (and other genders as well!)
- The best part about giving them a certificate? They get to choose what experience which means you can be sure your giftee will enjoy it!
5. Consider your budget
There are many gifts that tomboys enjoy, but if you’re on a tight budget then know your limit. Inexpensive but surely wanted gift ideas could be some fashionable but practical items from secondhand stores, flea markets, and consignment shops such as:
- An old school bomber jacket with patches on the sleeves or shoulders. This is an item that you don’t need to worry about your tomboy mixing up with another person’s clothes because it has their own unique style! Plus they’ll be able to wear this any time of the year without getting too hot or cold.
- A fun hat for when she goes out biking/running in order to stay protected from sunlight or rain. These are usually less than $20 at most retailers so there’s no need to spend more money here if possible!
- Some funky patterned socks
If you have more to spend, let’s go with:
- A new pair of cycling gloves to keep your hands warm and protected from the elements. These are usually more expensive, but they’ll be able to use it forever!
- Tomboy-friendly shoes/boots for when she goes out on a cold day as well. Again, these items can get pricey so consider what you’re willing to spend before making a purchase!
- An e-reader or book light that lets her read in bed without worrying about disturbing anyone else at home is also an option if money isn’t much of an issue.
Remember: this doesn’t have to break the bank, just remember not do go overboard with spending too much money either! Remember gifts don’t need to be flashy – sometimes simpler is better!
A few last words
I hope this article has been helpful in giving you an idea of what to buy for your tomboy pal. These are just a few ideas that may work well for her, but if you’re really struggling with something unique then don’t be afraid to think outside the box! You might even want to ask them what they would like as a gift before making any purchases at all. Happy gifting!