The gifts for the couch potato can be a little tricky. You want to get them something fun and exciting, but they are often not that active or adventurous. Some gifts might sound like good ideas, but they end up being more of a hassle than anything else. This guide will help you figure out what gifts to give the couch potato in your life!
Table Of Content
- Considerations when choosing Gifts for the Couch Potato
- 1. The gift should be something the person really wants
- 2. It should be something that will make the recipient happy
- 3. Look for gifts that are personal
- 4. Ask their friends or family about what they like and dislike
- 5. Remember to give thoughtful gifts
- 6. Don’t forget about getting them a card too!
- Some final words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Gifts for the Couch Potato
Considerations when choosing Gifts for the Couch Potato
1. The gift should be something the person really wants
If you’re buying gifts for the couch potato in your life and they keep telling you that there’s nothing they want, then don’t bother giving them a gift.
If they say something specific, like “I really need this book” or “I’ve been wanting to try those new socks,” then go with it!
- For the foodie couch potato, buy them something from their favorite restaurant – like a gift card or cookbook
- Gifts for TV watchers should be what they’re watching now and get it on DVD/Blu-ray (or download) for them
- The artsy couch potatoes will enjoy anything that has to do with art – so go check out local galleries and bring back an interesting piece of artwork as a gift . Also consider getting them a copy of the latest book that’s being talked about on social media
- For those who like technology-related gifts, consider buying them the newest gaming console with all the accessories they need to get started playing right away
2. It should be something that will make the recipient happy
- Couch potatoes are normally not very active, so you need to observe what always light up their mood. Maybe they’re always interested in learning about something new? If that’s the case, you can buy them a book to read or some online courses on topics of interest.
- There are gifts for couch potatoes out there which will make them happy and stay active too! Chances are they always watch videos about dancing/art but never try, then let’s get gifts related to art/painting/dance lessons etc… (consider finding local destinations because your couch potato will not like to move too far)
- If it is not possible to give gifts like these, then gift certificates (for their favorite restaurant) would be good enough as well. It’ll at least show your appreciation for them watching TV with you every night and all those “hunches” during game time when we play against each other 🙂
The best gifts come from your heart and it’s because you know them well enough to understand what would make them happy. If you don’t have any idea on gifts for couch potato then start with something small but thoughtful. You can always upgrade later!
3. Look for gifts that are personal
It’s always nice when gifts are personalized because it shows that the giver took time and effort to find something special.
- For instance, if you know your friend loves sweaters from their favorite store then one way of doing a personal gift is by getting them an exclusive sweater or hat with their name on it! This will show how thoughtful you are and make the person happy.
- Consider buying custom-made clothes (e.g., shirts), photo frames, figurines
- A framed picture of you and your friend or a favorite book from when they were younger make a good choice too!
- If you’re looking for something more personal and meaningful, consider buying them tickets to an event they’ve been talking about going to (concerts are often popular). Give them an experience they can enjoy with friends or family members (like tickets to see their favorite team play)
Depending on what type of gifts you want to buy for couch potato, there are different ways in which they can be personalized so that they stand out more than some other gifts. It doesn’t need to be expensive either- all it takes is creativity 🙂
4. Ask their friends or family about what they like and dislike
If you are struggling to find out their interests, don’t hesitate to ask their friends or family for advice on what gifts they like and dislike. It is important to find a gift that will make the giftee feel loved and appreciated.
After all, if you can’t think of anything else but want to give your loved one something thoughtful, then try giving them money towards their next vacation. Or a gift card to a movie theater, coffee shop, or bookstore is always appreciated.
5. Remember to give thoughtful gifts
Don’t just buy anything off the store shelves because it’s on sale! You should put yourself in their shoes and think of what suits their needs.
- For example, your couch potato often has their feet go cold in the winter, so get them a pair of slippers or fuzzy socks
- If your loved one likes cooking but doesn’t have much time for it during the weekdays because of work or school commitments, why not buy them some ingredients so they can make themselves dinner when they come home from work/school each day
- Another great idea is to buy gifts they can do with their friends or family. If you have a large budget, it might be worth investing in an activity that your loved one and all of their friends/family will enjoy doing together- for example, if someone likes playing video games but doesn’t own the newest console yet, why not give them a gift card so they can purchase one?
It’s always nice when gifts are shared between people who love each other! 🙂
6. Don’t forget about getting them a card too!
A handwritten note with some words of encouragement can go a long way in making someone feel special. .
Some final words
Thinking about gifts can be overwhelming, but hopefully this list of ideas helped!
It’s not easy to buy gifts when your loved one is such a homebody! But there are still some awesome gifts that you can get them- and what better way to do it than with the help of this guide? There are plenty of ideas here, so I hope you find something in your price range and on your giftee’s interests. If you have better ideas, put it down in the comment below! Happy shopping!