Giving gifts is a way to show people you care. With the rise of social media, it’s also easier than ever to find out what kind of things your friends and family want for the holidays. But when it comes to giving gifts for environmentalists, it can be hard to know where to start. This Ultimate Guide will help you choose eco-friendly gifts that any environmentally conscious person would love!
Table Of Content
- Things to consider when picking up Gifts for Environmentalists
- 1. Consider the recipient’s interests
- 2. Find gifts that are durable and long lasting
- 3. Ask if they want something practical or luxurious
- 4. Choose items with better materials
- 5. Include a gift card to go towards their purchase of green products online
- 6. Remember to recycle your old clothes by donating them or selling them at secondhand stores such as Goodwill or Plato’s Closet!
- A few last words
- Frequently Asked Questions about Gifts for Environmentalists
Things to consider when picking up Gifts for Environmentalists
1. Consider the recipient’s interests
You can never go wrong with a gift supporting your recipient’s interest!
- If the person you’re buying a gift for spends most of their time on campus, they will appreciate having a backpack that doesn’t hurt Mother Earth with unnecessary waste and excess plastic. One great choice is The North Face Men’s Recon Backpack, which has 600D polyester construction (no PVCs) – plus it’s also lightweight!
- If the giftee is a yogi, this eco-friendly Yoga mat from Gaiam can be used indoors or outdoors without creating any kind of environmental impact at all.
- If you are buying for an officer, a work desk is a great place to start. A number of eco-friendly desks are on the market, and they’re all made from recycled materials like bamboo or manufactured wood fibers that don’t require additional resources for manufacturing.
A great holiday present for an environmentally conscious friend is something they’re going to use every day, like a new laptop or work desk. So if you want your giftee’s gifts to give them joy all year round, think about how their day will go without it!
2. Find gifts that are durable and long lasting
By that way, your environmentalist can avoid expose more trash to environment. Here are some useful ideas for you:
- A sustainable cookware set: This is perfect for someone who loves cooking but also wants dishes that don’t harm our environment in any way possible – whether he/she does this on the stovetop or with induction heat (which doesn’t require fossil fuels!). Plus there are so many different sizes and styles to choose from.
- A reusable water bottle: Give your eco-conscious friend a gift they’ll use every day – like this stainless steel insulated water bottle from Hydro Flask with an extra wide mouth opening for adding ice cubes (which reduces plastic waste!)
- Eco-friendly watch: A great gift idea is something they’ll wear all the time, such as a beautiful watch made of recycled materials.
3. Ask if they want something practical or luxurious
There are two different kinds of gifts you should be considering: practical and luxurious.
Practical items are things that your giftee will use every day, for example:
- Work Desk: For someone who loves working on their laptop, a work desk is the ideal gift – it’ll help him/her avoid spending too much time hunched over with back pain!
- As well as bamboo & metal straws which will reduce plastic waste that goes into our water systems (a huge problem these days)
What are some luxury eco gifts?
- Cellular shades: These window coverings reduce energy consumption by blocking out sunlight, which reduces air conditioning costs. Plus they’re gorgeous!
- Solar powered phone charger : This is perfect for anyone who has an iPhone or Android and loves the outdoors. The charger will charge phones even when there’s no sunlight available, so it can be taken on hikes to prepare for that afternoon hike without worrying about battery life!
- A watch made of recycled materials: One great gift idea is giving them something practical they’ll wear every day – like this beautiful watch from Daniel Wellington made of stainless steel with a leather strap.
4. Choose items with better materials
Like organic cotton shirts, recycled paper notebooks, and sustainable fabrics.
The key to buying gifts for environmentalists? Let them know you care about the environment by using better materials without spending a fortune. Here are some ideas:
- Organic cotton shirts: This means no pesticides or excess water usage, which is perfect for people who want to feel confident in their clothes while not damaging our planet at the same time!
- Recycled paper notebooks that won’t harm trees like cardboard ones do (plus they’re so pretty!
- Sustainable fabrics : These clothes will last longer and require less fabric, which means a lower carbon footprint!
5. Include a gift card to go towards their purchase of green products online
Include a gift card to go towards their purchase of green products online. After all, it’s always good for people to think about what the best gifts are for environmentalists!
- A Gift Card: This may seem like an easy and lazy solution – but gifting someone with a little extra cash can actually be thoughtful if you’re really trying to give them something they’ll enjoy. One great option is Giving Assistant which has cards from hundreds of different brands so that your friend or family member will get exactly what they want
- DIY bookmarks: And even better than just buying one eco friendly product when giving as a gift, why not make some paper bookmark? He or she will love being able to use this year after year.
6. Remember to recycle your old clothes by donating them or selling them at secondhand stores such as Goodwill or Plato’s Closet!
Aside from physical items, your donation to any conservation charity will also make a difference.
- Consider donating old clothes at Plato’s Closet or Goodwill: these companies recycle clothing and use them in developing countries instead of sending the materials to landfill.
- You could even organize a donation drive with your friends! It’ll be an easy way to show someone how much you care about environmentalism while having fun at the same time. Plus if you’re not sure what size they wear, it doesn’t matter because all clothes donated go into one huge pile which is then sorted by hand
A few last words
We hope that this article has given you some ideas for gifts to give your environmentally-minded friends and family members. If not, we would love to know what other types of questions or topics our readers want us to cover in articles like these! Please let us know if there is any way we can improve the blog post so it’s more helpful for people who are looking for unique gift ideas.