Choosing gifts for a 50-year old man can be tricky. You don’t want to get him something that he already has or is just going to toss in the trash, but you also want to keep it fresh and exciting. In this blog post, we will go over some of the best gag gifts for fifty year old men as well as other great gift ideas.
Table Of Content
- Things to mind about Gifts for a 50-year-old man
- 1. Consider his hobbies
- 2. Think about what he needs, not just wants.
- 3. Look for gifts that are useful, like a new pair of work boots or an electric razor.
- 4. Don’t buy something too expensive – you don’t want to overspend on a gift.
- 5. Sometimes the most valuable present is your time!
- Frequently Asked Questions about Gifts for a 50-year-old man
Things to mind about Gifts for a 50-year-old man
1. Consider his hobbies
Any of his hobbies are good for gifts. Consider things that he can do on his own and not just with somebody else, so it’s more personal.
- For example, if you know the man likes going hiking or watching football, then maybe look at new shirts that have those themes printed on them.
- If the guy is into techy gadgets, consider getting him an inexpensive one off Amazon – something simple but will be useful (or funny) such as an extension cord holder or desk lamp without shade
- If he loves fishing, then you could get him a new fishing rod or some nice bait
- If he likes to play video games, then either buy him an old game that’s been re-released (such as the Final Fantasy series) or just find one of those gaming chairs and hook it up to his TV.
2. Think about what he needs, not just wants.
Do you know the man’s job? If so, consider giving him something related to his work.
- For example, if he is a salesman who travels frequently and always needs extra clothes for dressier events, then maybe get him some new shirts or ties.
- If he’s a plumber who has to wear lots of protective gear, then maybe get him some new gloves.
- It might be useful for you to think about the man’s work environment and what he needs. So if his job is outside (or in another country) during cold weather, consider getting him something warm like mittens.
If not sure what they need, try looking at their car; does it have any dents on it that could be patched up with body filler? Maybe buy them an air freshener or deodorizer of their choosing!
What else do 50 year old men like? Well there are many things we all enjoy as we age: slow jams in the morning time and easy listening classical evenings!
3. Look for gifts that are useful, like a new pair of work boots or an electric razor.
These gifts are practical and most 50 years olds will appreciate them.
- If you’re not sure what kind of work boots to buy him, then ask his friends or family members – people who know the man well may be able to give some good advice!
- You can also take a look at his car again; do any of those tires need new air? A gift related to this could be an emergency tire inflator that fits in your glove compartment for just such an occasion.
Some other great ideas:
- Gift cards from stores he likes (Amazon is always a safe bet) but make it personal by using their name as the card’s recipient instead of “To So And So” so they feel special when opening up your present
4. Don’t buy something too expensive – you don’t want to overspend on a gift.
There are many inexpensive but appropriate cool gifts for 50 year old man that you can choose. For example, you can get him an inexpensive watch or a new belt.
For gifts for 50 year old man who has everything, it’s best to bring some laugh into his life. If he loves to crack jokes, we suggest some perfect gag gifts for 50 year old man:
- A mini disco ball that he can hang in his office, kitchen, or bedroom.
- Solar powered light bulb – This is a fun gift because it will change colors and be great for decorating the man’s house. Or if they’re more of an outdoorsy type person like me then maybe consider getting them a solar phone charger to charge their phones where ever there’s sunlight!
- For those who love coffee and need something quick but still thoughtful: You can get him some Kona Coffee beans so he has yet another reason to smile while drinking his morning joe (or afternoon tea!)
If you want to buy something more expensive but still not break the bank:
- Cufflinks may work!
- You could also go in with some friends and purchase one really nice gift for him (such as tickets to that football game he always wanted) so it’s less pressure on each of them individually.
If you’re not sure what the right price range is, try looking at how much he spends on himself. This will give you an idea for a reasonable amount to spend on him and it’s also something that can be done with some research!
A 50-year old man is someone who deserves kindness; make sure your gifts are thoughtful while keeping within your budget.
5. Sometimes the most valuable present is your time!
If you’ve been too busy to have quality time with your 50-year-old father, grandfather, uncle or any other man in your life for a number of years then now is the time!
- Plan to take him somewhere he wants to go; it’s an opportunity to get closer and spend some quality bonding time with each other. It’ll be worth all the effort you put into planning this.
- If he has grandchildren, plan a day out together where they can have fun – that will make them feel really special and appreciated too!
Don’t forget: 50-year old men love their family so gifts like mugs with cute sayings on them are also thoughtful birthday presents for dad. You could even personalize one by having his kids’ names on it as well!
If you’re looking for a gift idea, we hope that our article was helpful in finding the perfect present to get your friend or loved-one. It is important to find a gift that will make the giftee feel loved and appreciated. If you have any other suggestion, don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section below. Happy shopping!