Trumpet players are some of the most dedicated and passionate musicians out there. When gift-giving season comes around, it can be difficult to decide what gift to get for them. There are so many different gift options available!
In this blog post, we will discuss gifts that trumpeters might enjoy receiving as well as a few gift ideas for people who want to thank their trumpet teacher with something special.
Considerations when choosing gift for trumpet player
1. What are they into ?
What kind of music do they like, what foods do they eat, what sports do they like?
If you know the person’s tastes, it will be easy for you to find something that they’ll love!
- If they loves football, then gift them a jersey or tickets to the next game.
- If they love cooking and eating healthy, gift them with an amazing cookbook like “Thug Kitchen.”
- Know their preferences for clothes? Get them something from their favorite store!
- If you’re not sure what’s on the person’s wish list, then go all out by getting tickets to see one of their favorite musicians live in concert.
2. What makes them feel good?
Is there something that would remind them of a time when they felt really proud and accomplished?
How about making a photobook of their onstage performaces?
If the gift recipient is a trumpet player, then they will probably appreciate gifts that are related to their instrument.
- A gift card for sheet music at Macarthur Music (or some other store) so they can purchase new pieces that they could play in a recital or concert.
- Tickets to see one of their favorite trumpeters perform live onstage and be blown away by how amazing it is!
- Trumpet mouthpiece cleaners
3. How much money to spend?
How much can you afford to spend on the gift, does it need to be wrapped or can it just be given in person?
If you are on tight budget, there are some ideas for trumpet lover gift that won’t break the bank:
- A fun gift idea is one of those “custom tee” sites and create something really cool with it. That way they will always remember who gave them the gift every time they wear their shirt or use their mug!
- Other inexpensive but thoughtful gifts would include homemade goodies such as cookies or brownies – which trumpeters might appreciate because we all know what a trial trumpet candy can be on our throats!
If you have more to spend? Great! We have some suggestions for you:
- Tickets to go see another instrument player in an ensemble like orchestra or jazz ensemble
- If you care about the trumpeter and want to show them your appreciation as well as their passion, then consider gift certificates from trumpet retailers like:
MacArthur Music Company– where gift cards are available
Daddario company – makers of high quality mouthpieces for professional musicians
Bach Stradivarius – manufacturer of fine instruments that are played by professionals around the world. They also offer gift card option.
4. Consider how much time you can put in choosing gifts
If you can invest your time in gift decision, you can go with:
- A personalized gift (where the “gift” is really just an experience such as going on tour or getting to meet their favorite musician backstage)
If you are lack of time but still looking for gift ideas that will make your gift recipient feel good about themselves then consider these gift ideas:
- Something they can use like those little things that always seem to get lost at home, but we need them so much! It could be a new toolkit with all of the necessary trumpet playing tools inside.
- Or even just one particular accessory like jewelry related to music!
5. Is there anything else that might matter more than any other factor?
- For example, if your friend has been struggling with depression lately then maybe getting them an experience related gift like tickets for comedy show might mean more than just buying another instrument accessory
- Or if they have been struggling with the gift of loneliness then maybe some books about a topic that would interest them might be more appropriate gift suggestion
- If you know they are struggling financially, give them cash, or gift cards for stores like Amazon gift card or Starbucks gift card are great.
Some final words
I hope this blog post has helped you find the perfect gift for that trumpet player in your life. If not, feel free to contact me and let me know what needs help! Happy shopping!