NICU nurses are some of the most selfless and hardworking people in the hospital. They work long hours, often without recognition, to ensure that every baby is cared for. So what gift can you give a NICU nurse? Let us guide you with some Gift Ideas for NICU Nurses bellow
Table Of Content
- Things to mind about gift ideas for nicu nurses
- 1. Consider what the nurse in question enjoys doing in their spare time.
- 2. Do some research into what they may need or want to help them on the job
- 3. Find out if there is a particular organization that would be able to provide more information about this type of gift.
- 4. Make sure you have a budget for your gift and stick with it!
- 5. Be creative – think outside of the box!
- Frequently Asked Questions about gift ideas for nicu nurses
Things to mind about gift ideas for nicu nurses
1. Consider what the nurse in question enjoys doing in their spare time.
A gift is a gift, but if you want to get them something special that aligns with what they enjoy doing when not at work think about:
- What do you know the nicu nurse enjoys? Browse through Facebook or LinkedIn profiles for clues!
- Does this person love cooking or playing video games? A gift card to an online store like Amazon would be perfect for these items!
- Are there certain TV shows (or movies) they seem excitedly talk about on social media? Consider giving them a gift subscription and letting them binge all year long.
- Is your friend constantly working out from sun up until sundown every day? Consider getting them gift cards to their favorite store for running gear or yoga clothes.
- Does this nicu nurse have a pet? Consider ordering something specific, like cat food or hamster bedding from an online retailer!
- Do they love photography and take amazing pics on the job? A gift card with a 20% off coupon code to their preferred camera equipment site would be perfect.
Whatever you’re able to think of that aligns with your friend’s interests is worth considering in order get them engaged with another hobby while at home (or around town). The gift will not only provide hours of entertainment but also give some much-needed downtime.
2. Do some research into what they may need or want to help them on the job
Nicu nurses are very busy people, so it’s important that you give them something practical and thoughtful.
- This can be done by sending some flowers just before christmas or any other holiday when many friends don’t take time out to visit those working at the hospital during this difficult time of year.
- Another gift idea would be to buy a personalized teddy bear with their name embroidered on the back.
- Are they always on the go for their job? Consider a gift card to Starbucks or another coffee shop chain.
- Do they do a lot of paperwork? Consider gift ideas for nicu nurses who have to fill out lots of forms like pens or highlighters!
Even if they have everything imaginable and need nothing from home, sending NICU gift ideas is still an act of kindness because sometimes all NICU nurses want is someone who remembers them.
3. Find out if there is a particular organization that would be able to provide more information about this type of gift.
There are gift ideas for NICU nurses that really will appreciate them.
- One gift idea is to donate a gift card in their name to the hospital or clinic they work at, which might be able to provide more information about this type of gift providing you with advice and assistance on what types of gift cards would be suitable.
- Another gift idea could include donating some groceries, like food items such as granola bars and bottled water from your local supermarket – it’s thoughtful without being too expensive!
- Like any other occupation, nursing can take its toll on hands so consider giving a manicure set complete with nail polish three colors: red, pink and white.
4. Make sure you have a budget for your gift and stick with it!
You don’t want to spend too much money on something that isn’t going to work for the person you’re buying for.
You may also want to take into consideration what gift ideas are NICU nurse gifts bulk? The gift doesn’t have to be expensive!
- One of my favorite gift ideas is a nicu nurse thank you card.
- In addition, if your friend works in the NICU unit and has time off during Christmas or Easter holidays then maybe consider giving them some flowers instead of chocolate (which would melt) because this can sometimes mean more than any other device gift from home as it’s one way they know someone remembered them even though they might not get visitors often.
5. Be creative – think outside of the box!
There are many different NICU nurses who might enjoy different things than others so get creative and try something new!
You can put lots of thought and effort into homemade gifts – such as NICU nurse cookies, or try doing something nice like making them breakfast in bed – they’ll be grateful and it will show that you care enough to make a little bit of time for your friend!
Remember the first rule when buying any gift is “it’s not how much but how thoughtful”. The way someone feels appreciated can go a long way towards building relationships and lifting spirits after hard times.
A gift doesn’t have to be expensive, it just has to be thoughtful and practical. The NICU nurse gift ideas listed above are a great place to start when trying to find a gift for someone in the NICU unit but don’t forget that there is no one idea that will work for every person so get creative! These gift ideas should help you on your quest as well as being an easy guide if you’re not sure of what type of gift would make them happy or need more advice on choosing something they’ll like.
If you have any other ideas, please share them with me and we can include it on our blog next time. Thank you so much for reading my article today!