Gifting is a wonderful way to show someone you care. It can be hard to choose what perfect gift to give that special person in your life, but origami gifts are the perfect solution! Below are some of our favorite origami gifts for all occasions and budgets.
Table Of Content
- Things to mind about Origami Gift Ideas
- 1. Consider the person’s age
- 2. Think about what they would like to do, such as folding origami flowers or animals
- 3. Decide on a budget for your gift before shopping
- 4. Make sure you have enough time to complete your project
- 5. If you are giving an origami gift to someone who is a beginner, be prepared with some instructions on how to fold it in case they need help
- 6. Take care of any sharp points so that the recipient doesn’t get hurt while playing with their new toy.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Origami Gift Ideas
Things to mind about Origami Gift Ideas
1. Consider the person’s age
- If the person you are shopping for is young, simple origami gifts can be a great way to teach them about shapes and how they work together.
- For a giftee who has more mature tastes in art, origami flower bouquet is a perfect origami birthday gift ideas! From a simple square or rectangle shape that will look perfect on an office desk, to the more showy round or heart shaped arrangement for someone special at home. This gift will show that you care enough about their interests and taste levels.
2. Think about what they would like to do, such as folding origami flowers or animals
The best origami gifts are the ones that don’t just give something physical, but also provide an activity for you and your loved one to do together.
- For those who have little time or patience, the Origamido kit is a wonderful introduction into folding paper. All kits come with instructions in multiple languages so it doesn’t matter if they speak English or not! This would be a great gift for anyone from young children to adults who want to spend some quality time doing something new and creative together.
- People looking for more hands on experience can start off by learning how to fold origami animals like rabbits, pandas, owls…the list goes on and consists of over 40 different shapes!
3. Decide on a budget for your gift before shopping
It’s important to think about how much you are willing to spend on a gift before venturing into the store.
- For those who want to spend less than $30, we recommend origami flowers because they are easy to fold and look great on any desk or table setting!
- Starting at $30, origami bouquets and animals make for great gifts when you don’t want something too extravagant but still want your present to be meaningful.
- For those who have more money to spare, origami gifts for her could be the Origamido kit that come with origami paper, a book of instructions in multiple languages and an accompanying CD.
4. Make sure you have enough time to complete your project
It’s important to set aside enough time for your origami project.
- For those looking for a simple, quick gift like our Origamido kit or paper flowers bouquet, you should have plenty of time but still make sure that it doesn’t take too much effort on the part of the person receiving it either!
- Paper crane and other more intricate designs can be quite difficult and may require some artistic ability in order to look great. Be careful not to put someone with little experience at risk by asking them to fold something they won’t enjoy doing.
- For recipients that are origami experts and love challenge, why not choose the book “Mind-Blowing Modular Origami: The Art of Polyhedral Paper Folding“?
5. If you are giving an origami gift to someone who is a beginner, be prepared with some instructions on how to fold it in case they need help
If the giftee is at beginner level, it is a good idea to provide them with some instructions on how to fold origami in case they need help.
- The best thing to do is have a video or step-by-step instructions ready in case they need help.
- Alternatively, you can provide them with some pre-folded origami pieces as well! This will be the perfect solution if it’s not possible for you to work on an origami project at home and want your loved one to enjoy it no matter how inexperienced they are.
- For those who don’t mind getting their hands dirty, there are plenty of internet tutorials that show everything from basic shapes like triangles and squares all the way up to more complex projects such as flowers bouquets and animals too! It won’t take long before they can fold anything you put in front of them!
6. Take care of any sharp points so that the recipient doesn’t get hurt while playing with their new toy.
If you are giving someone a toy that could hurt them, be sure to take care of any sharp points so they don’t get hurt while playing with their new gift.
For example, origami paper can be sharp at the edges so make sure to trim them down with a pair of scissors before giving it away.
It’s also important that you take care of any other rough or pointy areas on your origami gift as well like the horns on an animal or certain parts in their hair.
After this blog post, you should be able to find the perfect origami gift for your loved one. Whether they are into traditional Japanese paper folding or just enjoy simple and creative designs that can be made by anyone in any country, there is something on our list for them! We hope it has helped make the search a little easier. Happy shopping!