Whether you are a boat enthusiast or have a boat-loving friend, boat gifts are always welcome. The boat world is an expensive one to be in so it’s important that these gifts be thoughtful and well researched. This blog post will walk you through the process of choosing the perfect boat gift for your loved ones!
Table Of Content
- Things to mind about boat gifts
- 1. Consider the recipient’s interests and hobbies
- 2. Determine how much money you’re willing to spend
- 3. Decide on a theme – such as, nautical or coastal
- 4. Find out whether the person prefers practical gifts or something more sentimental
- 5. Consider what type of boat they own
- 6. Make sure it’s durable enough to last through all seasons and weather conditions
- Frequently Asked Questions about boat gifts
Things to mind about boat gifts
1. Consider the recipient’s interests and hobbies
First thing first, let’s have a look at your recipient’s interest – boat racing? fishing? socializing on the water with friends? All of these can be a clue into what type of boat gift they would want!
- Boat Racing: A higher end boat race suit or high performance life jackets may be a good fit for this person! They might also appreciate an offer to join you at a future boat race event if it’s not too close in time.
- Fishing: For someone who loves catching fish while out on the water, some new lures or tackle boxes could be just that perfect present they have been waiting for all year long.
- Socializing on the water with friends: You may choose high quality swimsuit and boat shoes to get them ready for the water.
Also, dont forget to consider how much time they spend on their boat
- Do they need a new boat? Or would some updating suffice?
- What type of boat does he or she have (powerboat, sailboat)? Does his/her current boat has any special features such as a fish finder? If not, consider getting them one.
- Know what size boat they are interested in – Boat sizes typically range from small inflatables to large yachts but there are many other types too. Consider what features they desire in their current boat such as fish finders or other gadgets they want but dont currently have access too.
2. Determine how much money you’re willing to spend
Boat gifts can range from a few dollars to thousands of dollars. Consider your budget in order to figure out what type of gift and any features it must have – for instance power or sailboat.
If you go for lower price boat gifts, some essentials with boat theme may come as the first reccomendation. For example:
- A boat key holder can be made from wood or metal to suit your style and have fun decorating it how you want
- boat flag – traditionally there is one signalled at all times that means boat is open for business
- A boat decal (sticker) – can be a nice way to personalize the boat and make it more your own without making any significant changes
- Boat magnets – these are so handy when people need something heavy moved around, theyre also great as gifts.
- SET OF 4 -Stemless Boat Wine Glasses
- Beer Coolie Nautical Gift Set Cruise Gifts
If you go for higher boat gift prices, consider buying them something boat-related such as: an inflatable boat, a fishing rod and reel or other marine supplies. A sailboat would be perfect for someone who loves sailing and wants a bigger boat with more space aboard! If he/she already has powerboats or sails boats then try getting them accessories – like electronics (like fish finders), ladders, life jackets etc. All these things will help get their time on the water even better!
Be sure not to go overboard with boat gifts because this is often seen as an insult by others, but do try and match their interest level when possible.
3. Decide on a theme – such as, nautical or coastal
Once you finalize the gift item:
- Boat supplies (e.g., life jackets, boat fenders)
- Fishing gear (e.g., rod and reel, bait)
- Boating magazines/books to help pass the time on idle days at sea
- Apparel including caps
Then choose its design and theme. Would your recipient prefer coastal or nautical theme? It may depend on their profession.
4. Find out whether the person prefers practical gifts or something more sentimental
Make sure boat gifts are useful by finding your recipient’s preference.
- Do they like practical gifts? A boat anchor be useful while docking the boat, or would it just take up space in their boat cabin. Other boating accessories are also useful, like Boat Gadget – 10-in-1 Boat Tool,boat supplies or fishing gear.
- Do they prefer sentimental gifts? A picture of an old boat their dad used to own might be a better choice for them. Or would they prefer something that reminds them of their boat, like a picture on the wall? Or look for boat-shaped items that suit the theme of your boat. For example: pens with anchors on top!
- To make boat gifts more personal, you can add a gift card to their favorite store
- A great idea is to put together fun and practical boat holiday ornaments as Christmas tree decorations.
5. Consider what type of boat they own
- For example, if they have a sailboat that needs equipment upgrades, consider buying them new sails or rigging ropes.
- If they have a boat with an engine, consider buying them boat parts for their boat, like boat spark plugs or oil filters.
It is important to know what type of boat your recipient owns because choosing the wrong boat gift could be disastrous!
6. Make sure it’s durable enough to last through all seasons and weather conditions
If you’re buying boat gifts for someone that doesn’t live on the boat year-round, make sure to consider how durable it is.
For example, if they’ve mentioned an interest in starting a family soon and want to buy something safe for babies or children, you should choose boat decor with safety features.
We’ve just given you a boatload of ideas for the best boat gifts to give this holiday season. Whether it be for stocking stuffers, thank-you presents, or birthday gifts for your favorite boater, these are all great options that will have them feeling on top of the world as they cruise down their favorite waterway. So if you need some help finding something special and unique to gift your loved one who loves being out on the water and exploring new places with friends, family members, or even solo then take a look at our list below! With so many different types of boats there is sure to be something here that fits what they love most about life on the water. Happy shopping!